Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas

What is the meaning of Christmas?
1. To send out greeting cards and keep in touch? “Do not forsake the fellowship with others.” Hebrews 10:25
2. To Party, Party, Party and eat and drink some more? “There is nothing better for a man than to eat, drink, and tell himself that his labor is good.” Ecclesiastes.
3. To take a day off (or more) from work? “So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God” Hebrews 4
4. To celebrate the winter solstice? “The heavens declare the glory of God” Psalm 19
5. To give food, clothes, and toys to the needy? “if I give all my possessions to the poor, but do not have love, it profits me nothing” I Corinthians 13
6. To celebrate the birth of Jesus? “I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord” Luke 2
You pick.
But I’ll give you a hint….all the answers are in the Word…”and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.” John 1
Yup, you’re right! Jesus is the answer for the world today.
Merry Christmas to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment