Friday, February 6, 2009

Horse color and disposition

If ever anyone had a pasture full of horses of various colors and genders and they told me, “one of those horses always follows me around, is good at untying knots, works the gate latch until it opens, investigates any bucket or sack that is out in the pasture, and is good to shoe.” I would always pick it to be the Bay and more specifically, the Bay Gelding.

My theory: the bay gene carries these inquisitive, and gentle dispositions.

After working as a farrier over the last 30 years with temporary work as wrangler, vet tech, and colt starter I’ve observed 1000’s of horses and scrutinized each horse’s attitude out of necessity. This is just one of my theories I’ve come up with while working by myself under and on top of horses seeking various avenues of thoughtful entertainment over the years!

If anyone reads this I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment